Approx. Rs 150 / KgGet Latest Price
|Minimum Order Quantity||1000 Kg|
|Material Standard||ASTM A105|
|Type||Carbon Steel Flanges|
|Packaging Type||AS PER CLIENT REQUIREMENT|
|I Deal In||New Only|
ASTM A105 is a specification established by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) for carbon steel forgings for piping applications. It covers a wide range of forged carbon steel components used in pressure systems, such as flanges, fittings, valves, and other similar parts.
The ASTM A105 specification outlines the chemical composition, mechanical properties, heat treatment requirements, dimensions, tolerances, and testing procedures for carbon steel forgings. The material is primarily intended for use in high-temperature and high-pressure service conditions.
Here are some key features and requirements specified by ASTM A105:
1. Chemical Composition: ASTM A105 requires the carbon steel to have a specific chemical composition, including maximum percentages of carbon (0.35%), manganese (0.60-1.05%), phosphorus (0.035%), sulfur (0.040%), silicon (0.10-0.35%), copper (0.40%), and nickel (0.40%).
2. Mechanical Properties: The material should possess certain mechanical properties such as minimum yield strength (250 MPa) and tensile strength (485 MPa), as well as minimum elongation and reduction of area values.
3. Heat Treatment: ASTM A105 forgings are typically subjected to a full annealing heat treatment or a normalizing heat treatment followed by tempering.
4. Dimensions and Tolerances: The specification provides guidelines for the dimensions and tolerances of various forged components, including flanges, fittings, and valves.
5. Testing: ASTM A105 requires various tests to ensure the quality and integrity of the forgings. These tests include tension testing, impact testing, hardness testing, and nondestructive examination methods such as ultrasonic or magnetic particle testing.
It's important to note that while ASTM A105 covers carbon steel forgings, it is not a comprehensive piping specification. It primarily focuses on the material requirements for the forgings used in piping systems and does not address other aspects such as pipe dimensions, wall thickness, or joining methods.
When using materials specified by ASTM A105, it is crucial to follow the appropriate codes, standards, and engineering practices for the specific application to ensure safe and reliable performance.